Truck Accidents Are Different Than Car Accidents
Accidents that involve tractor-trailers, semis, 18-wheelers and commercial trucks or vehicles only make up a fraction of the accidents on Illinois roads, but when they do occur, the injuries that result often carry greater consequences for the victims. Size and weight alone play a major role in the severity of the accident.
Determining Who’s At Fault In A Truck Accident Fault
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a trucking accident, it is important to discuss your options with an experienced truck accident lawyer. Personal injury claims in these cases are far more complex than the average auto accident. Truckers have more responsibility and require more training than car drivers. Trucking companies are sometimes pressed for drivers, time or budget and do not always follow the rules. Claims of negligence may be filed against:
- The driver whose errors or wrongdoing on the road caused the accident.
- The company that employs the driver and is responsible for training and adherence to safety regulations.
- The owner of the delivery or commercial vehicle.
- The company that leased the vehicle.
- The vehicle manufacturer responsible for product defects or malfunction.
- The shipping company responsible for loading or securing freight.
- The individual or business responsible for maintaining, inspecting and repairing the truck.
Because many of these cases involve multiple parties, you may face obstacles in pinning down fault, ultimately affecting your ability to recover maximum compensation when you need it. Work with an attorney who understands how to get to the bottom of fault and pursue a claim to ensure maximum compensation.
Get Skilled Illinois Trucking Accident Representation
I am attorney Randall Steele. For over 30 years I have helped my community members get the legal help they need to resolve their case, attain compensation and move forward. At my firm, Steele Law Offices, LLC, I can step in quickly to analyze your case and provide the quality representation you need — particularly when you are struggling with the medical and financial consequences of a serious injury. I will call in experts when needed and will investigate the details surrounding the accident. Every case is taken as if we will go to trial, because if the insurance company is not compelled to offer a reasonable settlement then I will take your case to court and demand the compensation due you.